Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mini Cheesecake!

This week in class was the week of presentations, there were six groups and each group had to make one dish from each person.  I made mini cheesecakes, and if I do say so myself they were pretty good, right along with all of the other dishes that we had. 
The recipe for the cheesecake is pretty simple just 2 oz. packages of cream cheese, ¾ cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 eggs.  Blend the cream cheese and the sugar together until smooth then add the eggs and vanilla then mix together.  After that just preheat the oven to 350 and place the cheesecake into a muffin pan on top of vanilla wafers (for the crust) and bake for 15 min or until golden brown. 
It’s a pretty simple recipe and if you make it with mini cupcake holders can make as many as 60 cakes.  It was a fun experience making it because I was at one of my professor’s house, which was fun, though I did have to get there early to make everything.  The first obstacle I ran into was that I hadn’t softened the cream cheese, so I was trying to blend it with the sugar and it really wasn’t working.  I finally had to just pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, though I think it would have been fine with just 15.  After that the ingredients mixed very nicely.  The next thing that kind of had me nervous was that I used farm fresh eggs so the color was a bit more yellow than white, which kept making me think it should have had lemon in it, put everything turned out just fine.  Most of the cakes were just plain cheesecake but a few I added chocolate chips too to add some variety.  I also supplied some cherry pie filling to put on top of the cakes as a “special” topping. Over all I think everything worked out very well, even through the anxiety moments.
These aren't mine but they give the general idea.!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved the cheesecake! It is one of my all time favorites deserts and yours did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you did not try to put the package of cream cheese with the aluminum foil attached to it in the microwave. Yes, I did that in high school once. Total bimbo moment that resulted in sparks flying.

    I really like how you used the vanilla wafers as a crust! It was a nice little surprise at the end.

    P.S. if you have a Pinterest, you should post these!

    ReplyDelete