Thursday, May 22, 2014

Food Safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIcTARSGP0k

Before taking this class, I feel as though many of us would have given the same answers to these questions as the people in this video did. When thinking about food safety I feel the answers given by each individual in the video are the go to areas of food safety. But after discussing food in different aspects of food and food safety the last month I am sure we can all agree that its so much more than making sure food is properly prepared.

When I found this video I expected it to talk about how food was grown and being conscious of where our food came from. However, as you saw in the video, only about 3 people mentioned knowing the background of your food of being knowledgeable of where it came from. I would like to say I was surprised by this... but knowing many of us (prior to this class) would have given many of the same answers I cannot say I am the least bit surprised.

Using this blog as a bit of a reflection I think the most important thing to take away from what we have discussed the last month is to be knowledgeable about your food and its background. As suggested in the video, food safety can be learned through media (online, newspapers) and social media. But after the last month I think we all know this is not the case! You don't really learn about your food from looking at an electronic devise. You learn about your food and the safety of what you're putting into your body by going out and giving hands on effort to make relations with the food and those who are preparing it from day one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment